Best Garden Tiller Reviews 2017 – The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Gardening is not an easy task, especially the preparation of the soil for planting. In this case, it is a good idea to invest in the best garden tiller. This is going to automate the process that you might otherwise do manually. The tiller will make it a snap to have the surface prepared for planting.
Are you searching for the best tiller that is available in the market today? We got you covered! Keep on reading the rest of this post and we will provide you with insights on some options that you can consider. We will have short reviews of some of the top picks and we will also provide you with ideas on the things that should be taken into consideration as you try to evaluate the alternatives.
Top 5 Best Garden Tiller Reviews
In this section, let us have a quick look at some of the top options that you might want to take into consideration.
Sun Joe TJ603E Electric Tiller and Cultivator
9.5 /10Our rating
Earthwise TC70001 Corded Electric Tiller
9 /10Our rating
Mantis Tiller 2 Cycle Gas 7920
9 /10Our rating
VonHaus Electric Garden Tiller and Cultivator
8.5 /10Our rating
Earthquake MC43 Mini-Cultivator
8.5 /10Our rating
Things to Consider when Buying a Garden Tiller
Make sure to keep the following things in mind as you try to differentiate the options that you will be confronted with:
- Source of Power: The tiller won’t function unless it has a source of power. In this case, gas is the most common option. It is a good thing that it is wireless, allowing you to move freely. However, the problem is that it can be loud, heavy, and produce emissions. Electric models, on the other hand, are known for being quieter, but the problem is that they are less powerful. They can also be limited in terms of reach since it should be plugged on a power source. There are also some models that are powered by an attached battery, while there are also newer models that are solar-powered.
- Ease of Use: When looking for the best garden tiller, you should choose one that can be excellent in terms of being user-friendly. There are many things that can be indicative of this. For instance, one of the most important is for it to be lightweight and easy to maneuver. Also, it will be good if it comes with push engine start, which will make it effortless to launch its operation.
- Power: To determine the power of the unit, take a look at the motor. However, you do not necessarily need to have the most powerful option that is available as this can make the price more expensive. To think of the power that is suited for your needs, take a look at the size of your yard. If it is small and if you expect to be doing only light-duty tasks, you will be good with a motor that is not too powerful. For professional applications, on the other hand, look for more powerful models.
- Design: The design of the tiller will be important not only for aesthetics, but also because it will be indicative of the comfort that it can provide. For instance, it is important that it is equipped with ergonomic handles. It should be designed in such a way that gripping it will be easy. Having cushion wraps will also be good, which will help to lessen vibration and fatigue, especially if it is used for an extended period.
- Feedbacks: Before you make a final decision, it is best if you first consult with what other people have to say. This will be a good way to easily differentiate the possibilities. You will be able to learn a lot from the insights and experiences that they will be sharing.
- Budget: Price will also be an essential consideration, especially for budget-conscious buyers. However, we recommend that you do not make this the most important consideration. Do not choose a specific product because it is the cheapest in the market. It should be seen as an investment, which is why you should spend if this is going to mean that quality will be better.
Your search for the best garden tiller is not going to be a straightforward process. Do not just believe the claims made by many manufacturers, asserting that they are the best within the product category, it would be best to do your own research. Look at the reviews of other users and learn from the experiences that they will be sharing. Do not be tempted to pick one option only because it is cheap. Performance, above all, should be the most important concern.