Sun Joe MJ401E Mow Joe 14-inch 12-amp Electric Lawn Mower Review
- Affordability - 10/1010/10
- Ease of Use - 8/108/10
- Motor - 9/109/10
- Cut Quality - 7/107/10
- Maintenance - 8/108/10
- Overall - 8.4/108.4/10
Do not be discouraged by its small size. If you have a small yard, this is going to be a beast.
When it comes to lawn mower, larger is not always better. A larger mower may mean that it is good for a bigger lawn, but this can also have drawbacks, the most significant of which will be its heavy weight, which will make it hard to maneuver. With this, smaller alternatives can prove to be a good choice, such as in the case of Sun Joe MJ401E Mow Joe 14-inch 12-amp Electric Lawn Mower. This mower comes with a 14-inch deck, but its motor is 12-amp, making it one of the most powerful options that you can have in spite of its compact size.
12-Amp Electric Motor
There should be no doubt that this is a beast when you take a look at the motor. Its physical size is the only one that is small. It is never small when it comes to power, as proven by the motor that is integrated in the unit. This is going to make your job easier and quicker. Nonetheless, because it is powerful, it is highly recommended that you choose a thicker cord.
3-Position Height Adjustment
It is important for lawn mowers to have adjustable cutting height. This is one of the things that will have an impact on its versatility. Meaning, it must be able to cut grass of different lengths. You can choose from high, medium, and low. While there are adjustments, however, there are people who were not happy. It is limited compared to the adjustments that can be offered by other lawn mowers.
This is an electric lawn mower, and hence, one of its biggest advantages is that it comes with push-button start. This means that it is going to be easy to use. There is no need to pull a string and you do not have to exert too much effort before its operation can be touched. For this reason, it is indeed a lawn mower that can prove to be user-friendly.
Hard Top Grass Catcher
This is one of the distinct features of this corded electric lawn mower. It has a generous size of 10.6 gallons. It will where the trimmed glass will be kept. With its size, you do not have to empty it every now and then. For more convenient disposal, it is also a good thing that the grass catcher can be detached from its position.
- Compact Size: One of the best things about Sun Joe MJ401E Mow Joe 14-inch 12-amp Electric Lawn Mower is that it comes with a compact body. This is going to be space-efficient when it is kept in the storage room. This also makes it easy to maneuver.
- Easy to Use: If you are looking for an option that can prove to be user-friendly, this should be on the top of your list. Aside from being lightweight and having push-button start, the wheels are also easy to swivel.
- No Maintenance: Another thing that you will enjoy about this model is that there is no maintenance required. This is because it is an electric model. In addition, there are also no tune-ups that are required. In spite of this, however, you can be confident that it will be dependable through the years.
- Gas Catcher: This is another feature that is well-loved by the users of this lawn mower. It catches grass as it is trimmed, which will keep the lawn mess-free. As it has been mentioned, it even comes with a generous capacity and can be detached from the base for easier disposal.
- Only for Small-sized Lawns: As it has been mentioned earlier, it has a compact body and it is perfect only for a small lawn. If the lawn is large, this may be an under-performer. Nonetheless, even if it is only for small lawns, a lot of users have noted that it is powerful.
- Limited Height Positions: You can adjust the cutting height of this corded electric lawn mower. There are only three height adjustments, which is less than most of the models within the competitive landscape, which have at least five height adjustments.
With Sun Joe MJ401E Mow Joe 14-inch 12-amp Electric Lawn Mower, you will have a compact product with a mean motor. Do not be discouraged by its small size. If you have a small yard, this is going to be a beast. The 12-amp motor is perhaps its greatest asset. Even if the grass is thick and long, the blades will be able to do their job without too much effort. It is also user-friendly, primarily because it is lightweight and easy to swivel. Yes, there are drawbacks, but it is clear that the pros will outweigh the cons.